Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera)
Ashwagandha is an evergreen small shrub with yellow flowers that’s native to India and Southeast Asia. It is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda, extracts or powder from the plant’s root or leaves have been used for thousands of years to relieve stress, increase energy levels, and improve concentration.
Benefits of the plant
- Being classified as an adaptogen, it may help relieve stress and anxiety.
- May improve sleep quality.
- May benefit cognitive function, and improve memory and focus.
- May benefit fertility and increase testosterone levels in men, and improve sexual function in women.
- May be beneficial for mental health.
- May help manage blood sugar levels and support heart health.