Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
Pomegranate is a shrub that produces a red fruit filled with juicy edible seeds. Pomegranates are widely cultivated throughout the Middle East and Caucasus region, in Africa, Iran, the Indian subcontinent, Central and Southeast Asia. Pomegranates have an impressive nutrient profile being rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and polyphenols.
Benefits of the fruit
- Has potent anti-inflammatory properties and may help with a wide range of chronic health issues.
- Powerful antioxidant properties.
- May be beneficial for prostate and overall men’s health.
- May help regulate blood pressure and support heart health.
- May help treat arthritis and joint discomfort.
- Due to antibacterial and antifungal properties, it can help fight harmful bacteria.
- May help protect and improve memory.
- May improve insulin resistance and help regulate sugar levels.