Tart Cherry (Prunus cerasus)
Tart cherries, also known as sour, dwarf or Montmorency cherries, are native to much of Europe and southwest Asia.They are closely related to the sweet cherry, but have a fruit that is more acidic. Tart cherry juice is highly nutritious and contains beneficial plant compounds. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Iron, Zinc, and many more.
Benefits of the fruit
- Contains anti-inflammatory compounds that may help combat some chronic diseases.
- Can help increase the body’s melatonin levels and improve sleep quality.
- May help reduce symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Being rich in antioxidants it may have protective effects on brain cells and promote brain health.
- Offers a powerful immunity boost thanks to its rich nutrient profile.
- May aid in exercise recovery, improve athletic performance and reduce muscle pain.
- Reduces oxidative damage and may slow down aging.