Maca or Peruvian ginseng, is an edible herbaceous plant native to South America in the high Andes mountains of Peru. It's been cultivated as a root vegetable for at least 3000 years, is widely used in Peruvian cooking and may offer a wide range of health benefits.
- Has a strong potential to increase libido.
- May benefit people with erectile dysfunction
- May be useful for athletes and bodybuilders by increasing energy and performance.
- May increase fertility, particularly in men.
- May help reduce menopause symptoms by balancing estrogen levels.
- May be beneficial for brain health and memory.
- May promote production of glutathione in the body that is a natural antioxidant that protects the cells from free radical damage.