Vitamin B-12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin. It is not naturally produced in the body and has to be obtained through food or supplementation. It can be found in fish, meat, poultry, dairy, clams, beef liver and cereal. Some breakfast cereals Vitamin B-12 plays an important role in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, proper nerve function and DNA production.
Benefits of the vitamin:
- Supports the nervous system and promotes healthy nerve function.
- Plays an important role in cell production, and promotes healthy hair, skin and nails.
- May protect heart health.
- May help support brain health and prevent memory loss.
- Plays a role in energy production.
- May help improve mood in people with deficiencies.
- May support eye health and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- May be very beneficial for bone health and reduced risk of osteoporosis.