Turmeric is a flowering herbaceous plant of the ginger family, native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia. Turmeric powder has a warm, bitter taste, earthy aroma, and is commonly used as a spice and in Ayurvedic practices. Curcumin, a bright yellow chemical produced by the turmeric plant, is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Benefits of the plant:
- Fights inflammation and may prevent diseases associated with that.
- May boost brain health and improve memory and attention.
- May lower the risk of heart diseases.
- May contribute to the death of cancerous cells and reduce metastasis.
- May support joint health and reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
- May have benefits for longevity and fight age-related chronic diseases.