Selenium is an essential mineral that must be obtained through your diet or supplementation. It’s only needed in small amounts, but plays an important role in metabolism, thyroid function, and exhibits antioxidant properties. Good natural food sources of selenium include nuts, fresh saltwater fish (tuna, cod, herring), beef, poultry, and grains.
Benefits of the ingredient:
- Protects against free radical damage and prevents chronic health conditions.
- Beneficial for heart health and may reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- May help prevent mental decline and memory loss.
- Supports healthy thyroid function and protects it from oxidative stress.
- Reduces inflammation and strengthens immunity.