Saw palmetto is a shrublike palm native to the southeastern United States. An extract from Its ripe fruit is commonly used in supplements.
Historically, it was used for a variety of conditions, including disorders of the male and female reproductive organs and coughs due to various diseases.
Benefits of the Plant
- Balances hormonal levels in both men and women.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Supports prostate health.
- Improves urinary tract function, particularly for those with prostate issues.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Due to anti-inflammatory properties, it may help treat certain conditions.
- Could help increase testosterone levels.